- Q System One – IBM launched IBM Q System One, world’s first commercial quantum computing system, at Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2019 on January 8, 2019 in Las Vegas, U.S.
- Features – Include hardware designed to give high-quality qubits, cryogenic engineering for delivering cold and isolated quantum environment, high precision electronics for controlling large numbers of qubits, firmware for managing system and enabling upgrades without downtime for users, and classical computation for secure cloud access and hybrid execution of quantum algorithms
- Physical Characteristics – Made of nine-feet tall, nine-feet wide case of half-inch thick borosilicate glass
- Applications – System designed for scientific and commercial use
- New Quantum Center – Will open first IBM Q Quantum Computation Center housing advanced cloud-based quantum computing systems for commercial clients in Poughkeepsie, New York in 2019