- SpaceX Test Launch – SpaceX launches Falcon Heavy for first time, from Cape Canaveral, Florida, while carrying CEO Elon Musk’s red Tesla Roadster blasting David Bowie's "Space Oddity"
- Falcon Heavy – 40-feet long and 230-feet tall mega-rocket with three first-stage boosters, 27 engines in total, and five million pounds of thrust at lift-off
- Starman – Mannequin driver wearing actual SpaceX-designed spacesuit, which transmitted live video and audio of mission for four hours as it traveled beyond Earth's orbit
- Successful Mission – Two of rocket’s cores successfully returned to Earth, marking mission’s positive result even after encountering booster problems, exceeding Mars’ orbit and landing outside target
- Future Launches – Scheduled for more missions in 2018, such as launching Saudi Arabian communications satellite and testing payload for U.S. Air Force